Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year!
The 2016-17 School Year is right around the corner!
First Day of School is Tuesday, August 23
Briones students will receive a call from their teacher with the first meeting time of the school year on or around August 23.
New School Hours: 9:00am until 1:50pm daily
On-line School Registration must be completed and signed paperwork must be submitted before a student may receive a class schedule!
On-Line School Registration
Once again we will be using the Aeries Parent Portal to update student information online. All parents should go to http://www.martinezusd.net/reg.html, and complete the steps.
- Click the link under "Returning Students"
- Login with your email address. If you’ve forgotten your password (or never received it) simply click the “Forgot Password?” link on the login screen and it will be sent to your email.
- Please note: If your email address has changed or is incorrect, please call the office manager at (925) 228-9232.
- After logging in, you will see a message stating “You have not yet completed the Student Data Confirmation Process, Click Here to confirm…” Click the link.
- Verify the registration information on each of the tabs. When you get to the documents tab, please print the "Annual Rights Notification Signature Page" and bring it with you to registration. Please note: You must click on each tab (Family Information, Student, Contacts, Medical Information, etc.) and confirm or correct all the data before you can complete the process.
- Click “Submit Final Confirmation” on the “Final Data Confirmation” tab.
Please bring completed paperwork to Vicente Martinez High School/Briones School Office on or before the first day of school. Students will not receive a schedule until forms are submitted. If you do not have access to a computer and/or printer, please come to the office and you can use one of ours.
If you have more than one student enrolled in the district, it will be necessary to complete this process for all other students by clicking the “Change Student” link, selecting the next student, and repeating the steps above.
If you experience any technical difficulties with this process, please call our technology help desk at 335-5940. If you need to update your email address, please call the office manager at (925) 228-9232.
Returning Students: All returning families should complete on-line registration.
New Students Transferring from AHS: New students and their families must contact their counselor at Alhambra High School for a referral to Vicente/Briones. After a referral is received, each family will meet with Principal O'Connor for an orientation, intake interview and to create an individualized academic plan for the student.
Students New To MUSD: Complete online enrollment that can be found on our district website martinezusd.net. Once complete, print and take that paperwork along with the birth certificate, current vaccinations records and 3 proofs of residency to Alhambra High School. AHS will provide a referral to Vicente/Briones. After a referral is received, each family will meet with Principal O'Connor for an orientation, intake interview and to create an individualized academic plan for the student.
We are looking forward to a great year ahead!
Welcome to Briones Independent Study School!
Briones Independent Study School is a WASC accredited school. Students at Briones earn a WASC accredited diploma. There is a 220 credit requirement for graduation and six Briones courses have been approved by the University of California for A-G Requirements. Briones Independent Study School is a K-12 school that provides an educational option that fosters students' academic growth, intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. The school provides all students with individualized learning plans which take into account diverse needs, individual learning styles and interests.
Students are required to meet with their assigned teacher for one hour per week and also complete 25 hours of course work independently each week. Students in K-8 must have a parent/guardian available to work with the student at home on assignments that are based on California state grade level standards. Students who are successful in independent study are those students who are independent learners, organized, and motivated to complete work on their own. Enrollment in Briones is voluntary. However, if a student does not complete the required work or meet with his/her teacher as scheduled, the student will be referred to another school on the third infraction.